S.A.G.E. Holistic Health and Wellness Center
Mental, Physical and Spiritual Wellbeing Center in Orange, CA
More instructions for this course will be sent after registration is complete and one week prior to class date.
Instructor: Emily Celis, MS, LMFT, Reiki Master|Teacher
More about Reiki Level 1 + Reiki in general:
REIKI 1 CLASS OBJECTIVES: During this 1-time workshop, you will:
* Learn about what Reiki is, how it is used, and what it feels like
* Discuss how to protect yourself during healing sessions
* Explore Reiki’s guiding principles
* Learn about the history of Reiki
* Be taught how to conduct healing sessions
* Be attuned to 1 Reiki symbol, which is used to turn on and turn off the flow of Reiki energy
* Receive your Reiki guide, which is a spiritual helper on the other side who will assist you with your healings
* Practice using your new healing abilities
REIKI 1 COURSE INCLUDES:
* Professionally prepared 85-page manual
* In-person instruction with time for questions
* Attunement to 1 Reiki symbol
* Time to practice your new skills
* A “Certificate of Completion” verifying that you are a Reiki I Practitioner, which makes you eligible to offer Reiki healing sessions to the public for a fee, if you choose to do so.
What is Reiki? Reiki is a form of “energetic” healing that works harmoniously with all other forms of treatment (e.g. medical, psychological, alternative, etc.). Many philosophical/religious systems and even some branches of science now understand that there is an unseen energy that flows through all living things. This energy is believed to be around us all the time and is believed to be what creates and sustains life. The word Reiki is composed of two different Japanese words: “rei” is generally translated as “universal”, “God”, “soul”, or “spiritual” and the word “ki” is translated as “energy” or “life force”. Therefore, Reiki represents the “life force energy” and the source of that energy is spiritual. How does Reiki work? It is a simple and powerful healing technique that works to balance out the energy system of the body which often leads to improvements in health, increased relaxation and improved wellbeing. If someone’s “life force energy” is low or blocked, then they are more likely to become ill. If it is high and flowing smoothly through the body (i.e., through the meridians), then the person is more resilient to disease and is happier. The goal of balancing the person’s energy is similar to that of acupuncturists or acupressurists, however, with Reiki, the Practitioner does not necessarily need to touch the body…it can be done either “hands on” or “hands off”. It does not require any special equipment or environment.